Saturday, May 21, 2011

First Dance Song Options

So far these are the songs I am contemplating for our first dance. It'll be interesting to see if this changes or stays the same within the next year!
1. Kiss Me or Not by Julia Sheer & Caroline County
I wasn't a fan of the original version of this song at all but Justin really loves it right now. I follow Julia Sheer's YouTube and often download her songs from iTunes because I love her voice and her cover songs. She's a fairly unknown artist but a YouTube hit. As soon as I heard her version (above) I thought this could easily be a song that Justin would go for as well. It's got a bit of country vibe to it (and that's totally his thing) but not so much that I hate it. I think it's important for the song to represent both people and it definitely descibes our first kiss perfectly so that's why this one is a definite contender. I also think this version has a really romantic vibe which is cool.

2. So Close by Jon McLaughlin
Ever since I saw Enchanted this has been my favorite song handsdown. I could listen to it all day. I've always envisioned this song being played at my wedding so if it doesn't end up as the first dance it will definitely be played at some point during the night. The piano melody is so stunning it moves me like nothing else, and Jon's voice just adds to that. In addition to the fact that the song is from a Disney movie and from one of my favorite movie scenes basically ever - that definitely makes it a contender. The drawbacks? It doesn't really showcase Justin's tastes at all, and the words aren't quite fitting.

2 comments:

  1. I think the first song is cute and does have more of both of you in it. i also think it's good if he's showing an interest in part of the wedding planning process and giving input, so if you like the song and know he loves it it might just be the one.

    I also love the enchanted soundtrack, but I can see the downsides you mention as well, and can totally agree that there's nothing wrong with it being on the playlist instead if you don't both agree on it for 'your song'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agee that the words are more fitting in the first one...

    ReplyDelete